Thursday, September 22, 2016

Disturbed frontman David Draiman talked about how fatherhood affected his creative output, telling Lazer 103.3:



David Draiman: How Becoming a Father Changed Me in Terms of Music

artist: Disturbeddate: 09/21/2016category: music news
I like this
20
votes: 2
views: 623
David Draiman: How Becoming a Father Changed Me in Terms of Music
Disturbed frontman David Draiman talked about how fatherhood affected his creative output, telling Lazer 103.3:

"My son and the perspective that I have gained since he's come into the world is something that affects everything I do, undeniably.

"So I'd be lying if I said that his coming into the world didn't impact the lyrics on some level, particularly on tracks like 'Who Taught You How to Hate' and a few others on the record.

"If anything, it's enhanced every single aspect of defensiveness, of questioning, of being uncertain of the future...

"Nothing like having a child to make you much more weary of an already very frightening world. I've never seen more 'pure red' than when it's been an issue with my boy, on somebody... any little thing.

"You're much more defensive, you're much more protective, for sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment